Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

working dysfunctionally

This is the name of my book I'd like to write. Yes, when you turn old (or 30) it's time to write atleast one book and think you'll actually be successful. I would like to write a book about my families. Now the name is slightly deceiving. I do'nt want to give the impression that there's something wrong with any particular member of my family, but that 1. every family is crazy and 2. craziness has to work together.
I have had friends ask for pictures of a particular house to confirm such craziness, but hey, that's offensive (darn it. wish I could; sorry :(....) The only thing that's holding me back from writing this GREAT NOVEL is well, my dysfunctional family. How can I publish stories of my childhood/adulthood without offending someone... how would you like me put something about you in a book that you thought was completely normal (it's not) and let others laugh at you.
So at first I thought I would just wait til they died... yah, I'm that sick
but then there's even repercussions from that. How do you tell someone's mom, sister etc that their relative is crazy and worth laughing at. personally I think I could just write this book about me, or maybe anonymously. I would also like to write stories from the dysfunctional families I just know. so add a story if you dare.
So, really the book is about how even such completely different families can make things work even when they come from such opposites... because frankly, I may think johnny's family is crazy, but he thinks mine is just as crazy (and secretly, we all agree).
so, if you hear a story about my "friend" you may never know who I'm talking about... maybe me, maybe my mom, maybe my mother in law... just don't tell them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment